RODENT CONTROL SAN ANTONIO
Rodents can cause drastically more severe issues than eating the cereal in your pantry and scurrying around between your walls. These can include:
- Asthma and allergies
- Bringing in ectoparasites and cause food contamination
- Bringing mites and ticks into your home, which further brings pathogens from the insects
- Pathogens from the rodents themselves from their urine, feces, saliva and blood
- Non-stop breeding, spreading the infestation and possibility of disease entering your home
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome is a virus that can cause severe respiratory problems and even death. Hantavirus is spread through the saliva, feces and urine of rodents, especially mice. Humans contract the disease by inhaling dried particles of the urine or feces.
- Feces of rats and mice can cause Salmonellosis (causing abdominal cramps and severe diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration) in patients with low immune systems, (hospitalization or death may occur) and Leptospirosis (initial signs are similar to that of the flu and may include a rash). Victims might recover after this first phase but may fall ill again with more severe issues such as kidney or liver failure or Meningitis (inflammation of the membrane around the brain and spinal cord). This phase is also called Weil’s disease. Unfortunately, sometimes there are no visible or noticeable symptoms, which poses a problem of not treating the disease. Without treatment, Leptospirosis can lead to kidney damage, meningitis, liver failure, respiratory distress, and even death.
Avoid use of rodenticides or poison to eliminate rats and mice. This route of extermination only kills a few of them; and when dead, the carcasses will begin decomposing in your home which creates a repulsive odor. Here at One Way Pest Control, we have found that by setting mouse traps inside the home and attic in a safe manner that we can effectively physically trap and remove the rodents.